FAULT - Soggy floor

This is a fault diagnosis blog entry for my IVECO Daily Mk3 35S12 2.3 XLWB.
I present them in a set way so that f you have the same symptom you can find my fix for that problem. 
It is formatted in three sections Fault Symptom, Fault Invest Fault Fix. This will give you the freedom to read through or pick out the info you need more easily.
Remember: there is no one one answer to each problem (well not often) so although this might have fixed my problem, that isn't to say it will fix yours. Also I am no subject matter expert so I may not know a system to the highest detail. 



Fault Sypmptom

A piddle patch on the toilet floor should not really be a mystery, someone just needs to aim a bit better but this one was coming from the wall which was a bit fishy. thankfully the smell wasn't though.

Fault Invest

The fact that there was no smell told me it wasn't a gre water issue and I hadn't use the toilet so black water was out too.
As such I either had a leaking roof which had just suddenly started or I had a fresh water supply leak.
Most of the pipework is under the van thankfully so I was starting to suspect the water heater. It had to come out for another fault anyway so might as well eliminate that.

Fault Fix

As the fault hasn't recurred I am happy to blame the boiler. The plumbing itself didn't seem to be bad but as you can see there is evidence of leaking around the electrical heating element on the bottom right.
This was far more apparent when the element was removed. Large amounts of limescale and corrosion were present. This was cleaned off and the seal cleaned up and silica greased before refitting. I also flushed the water heater as it was looking very chalky in there.
Everything got a good tightening down  when refit and a the system was flushed and leak checked accordingly.
So far no further leaks present and no water in the toilet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAULT - Speedo not working for first few miles

USB power

FAULT - Hand brake light flashing on whilst driving