More load area fun

fig1

More time away had brought up more short comings and questions about the lad area of my van. Time to look into improving these points.

1806 Q rails/track

Continuing my fun in the load area of the van I had yet again decided to try and tackle the question of "what exactly are those load rails in the back of my van?"

I have seen them a few times before but it is not a rail system I could name. Searching for the GBF brand stamped on them drew up a blank too.

It wasn't till a while later that another attempt brough up that they are sometimes called "Q rails" and a bit more hunting brought up the "1806 Q rail" designation I now recognise them as.

There isn't nearly as much stuff out there for them as the Unwin rails but I have also seen the same parts listed as just for "load rails" so there might be more out there but the naming makes them hard to search for.

I have since found tie down points in 1200kg and 2000kg weight ratings as well as a telescopic shoring bar which would be helpful in longer vehicles where bikes can't all be tied down at the bulk head allowing them to roll forwards under braking.

Shelf table thing

If you go back to fig1 you will see two pieces of angle aluminium following from the rear bed level to the doors. I figured it was to prop something up between them but am now seeing them as the base for a large shelf. The idea being that anything on it (preferably in plastic boxes) will not move forward or back thanks to the bed bulkhead and doors whilst making more use of the vertical space. Not only that, but when you get to the destination, the shelf can be removed and turned into a workbench!

Whats that hook all about?

I'm probably not going to solve this one but on the mid right side there is an aluminium hook close to the ground. I wonder what it is for?

lighting

on hook up there is an LED strip light on the left and 12V has the standard door light at the rear which is crap. I need more 12v light especially whilst stumbling about in the dark at a race meet where the floor is strewn with crap. Less crap on the floor thanks to the table shelf mentioned above will help here and for now, A Ryobi strip light does my lighting needs for both in and outside the van when out racing.

Door handle

The bulkhead door between the living area and garage pops open with pressure changes and is a dick to close from the garage with no handle. These things can be fixed fairly easily. A cabinate door handle on the back of the door now makes closing it from the lad area easier. A bathroom hasp aught to do for a lock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAULT - Speedo not working for first few miles

USB power

FAULT - Hand brake light flashing on whilst driving